We have excellent facilities for English teaching in Bracknell Forest and it is a very popular subject at GCSE and A-level. You will have the opportunity to teach across all Key stages including:
– speaking and listening (content, body language, articulation, understanding different contexts, social change and technology),
– reading fiction and non-fiction texts,
– extended reading (writing controlled assessment, themes and ideas, characterisation and voice),
– creative writing (commissioned writing, recreations of original texts, writing from personal experience), and
– narrative writing (non-fiction texts genre, writing to inform, explain and describe and/or argue considering audience, purpose and style).
Across the partnership, different courses and exam boards are followed, including GCSE, iGCSE and the English Baccalaureate; as our Partnership also includes 6th forms, with level 2 and 3 courses, there are a plethora of opportunities and experiences with diverse abilities and levels to facilitate your development and career prospects.
A variety of teaching methods and an abundance of resources facilitate inspirational lessons in which students develop their English skills and enjoyment of the subject. There is a wealth of technology available at all levels, including interactive whiteboards, access to computers, laptops and tablets, as well as cameras and microphones. You will also have the opportunity to participate in the delivery of a variety of extra-curricular activities offered across the Partnership, including debating competitions and challenges within schools, at local and National levels, as well as a variety of trips and clubs. If you would like to join our dynamic and innovative teams, we look forward to hearing from you.
The Bracknell Forest Partnership (University of Reading ITE Hub)
Tel: 01344 354005